[Plornt]   -  Jun 27, 2013

Started work on my browser based dart(language) game. Class based languages that keep state across page loads are so much easier to code for. Caching all users in memory which are logged in is virtually effortless.

Hawkee  -  Jun 27, 2013

Looking forward to seeing it in action!

Sorasyn  -  Jun 30, 2013

What sort of game are you developing?

[Plornt]  -  Jun 30, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/9rliGYc.png

War based MMO, 2 teams, 4 classes, upgrades for each class. Winner is the team that controls the entire map. Players battle it out with the opposing team for control of a country. Control is based on how much weight the force has on the country (isnt instant though, percent based control which goes up or down 1% per time which is undecided). Each team has a spawn country in various regions which cannot be entered by the opposing team until they have ownership of that region. Buildings can be built in the country your force is in which include things like defences, factories, mission centres, networking etc. You rank up in your selected class and earn upgrade points each rank. You can then put these in your class tree to give you access to different units etc. Once you are at the highest rank in your class you can be elected for leadership of your team which gives you control over nuclear weaponry which are dependant on what your team researched and how you progressed development in the buildings earlier in the round. Nuclear warheads can be launched secretly (only detected by scanners in countries) or announced which will show the path of the warhead on the world map. They will not affect just 1 country, they will be based on range.

Things you and your team does in these countries determine whether or not the citizens of each country are happy with your rule. The 3rd team is AI. They can rebel and start attacking your forces if you enact policies which they do not like or if you do not provide them enough protection in terms of building defences.

Its fairly similar to other games because I have made sure to sort of group them together into one. Most of the games I have played have all been well, not that great because they simply fall short.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.