Cheiron   -  Jun 14, 2014

Looking for a mirc script please for the older mirc v6.35

I am looking for a script that will allow helpops and higher to leave a memo for each other..
I know there is memoserv ... but we are after one that is mirc driven but only for said ranks to be able to leave a message for each other if they are offline.
The script holder will be be either a HelpOp or have an oline of some description.
I need the script to be able to encrypt the message so that the user hosting the script cannot see the messages being sent.. only the user that sends it and the user that receives it. When the helpop/oper comes online to a named channel .. the script is to pm them to let them know they have a memo
Commands to be

!HelpMemo Send, !HelpMemo Read, !HelpMemo Del

Many thanks

Arigateaux  -  Jun 24, 2014

There's no way to make it so that the messages being sent are encrypted to the user hosting the script. You can only encode the message if there's something to encode.

Cheiron  -  Jun 25, 2014

i want the message to be encrypted by the host script... and to let the reader read the message. just need it so the host cant read the message direct if he/she looks in a hash table or something... if that makes sense... or set the script up in a way that the host cant access a saved message.. with botmail, the info was in a hash table and the host could read the memo's easily to see what people were sending to others.

F*U*R*B*Y*  -  Jun 28, 2014

Will the host of the script have to receive memo's as well?

Cheiron  -  Jun 29, 2014

The host will only receive and send the memos. will not be part of actually getting a memo to it direct to read in person no (unless it makes it easier with the coding)

Arigateaux  -  Jun 29, 2014

The only way to do this is with an IRCd and hosting your own IRC network. The problem is that you CAN code it to "hide" the messages, but the messages will still show up in RAW and the code can be altered to allow the host to read the messages. The only way to get around this is to create your own "encryption" and pass it around to other people so they can decrypt it.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.