Hawkee   -  Nov 26, 2014

This is a good discussion concerning the pros and cons of AngularJS, 2 years with Angular

Hawkee  -  Nov 26, 2014

One take-away is that Angular 2.0 will be a huge improvement over Angular 1.3. It's definitely something to keep an eye on.

sean  -  Nov 26, 2014

Yeah, Angular is still evolving. Deprecating consuming features should help a bit. https://github.com/angular/angular.js/commit/eec6394a342fb92fba5270eee11c83f1d895e9fb

They're at least trying to move in the right direction. That said, people need to understand that Angular is not the answer to everything.

Hawkee  -  Nov 26, 2014

@sean Have you used it on many projects? I've used it once and it does require a certain amount of discipline. I can understand how it may get confusing passing an Angular project between developers.

sean  -  Nov 26, 2014

I'm using it currently for work and personal projects. If you break everything out into directives, projects are much easier to maintain among multiple developers. And yeah, there's a fairly steep learning curve but, the biggest seller for me is the 2 way data binding. There's a lot of little nuances but, there's a ton of handy ng-directives that can eliminate the need for cumbersome DOM manipulation.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.