TMFKSOFT   -  Oct 06, 2012

@Hawkee Suggestion! Maybe a tutorials section? For coding tutorials and such o.o?

Hawkee  -  Oct 06, 2012

Yes, I've been considering this for some time. I'm planning to rework the way snippets are posted by allowing for multiple code blocks. The same system can be used for a new Tutorial section.

TMFKSOFT  -  Oct 06, 2012

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe add collapsible sections? So you could have sections that can be expanded?

Hawkee  -  Oct 06, 2012

I'm not sure how necessary that would be. Most code tutorials I see don't have collapsable code blocks.

Meh, Just a random suggestion :P

Hawkee  -  Oct 06, 2012

I do like the idea of offering tutorials though. We do have an mIRC tutorials section in the forum where quite a few tutorials have been posted, but that's a very poor implementation and doesn't allow for other languages.

I hardly touch the forum. I don't know if its just me but the forum feels tucked away and left sleeping. Maybe bring the forum into the main site more?

Sorasyn  -  Oct 06, 2012

I honestly think there aren't enough users active to support the forums, with or without a makeover. It's been over a month since the last non-mIRC related forum post has been made, and half of the Java section is between ACDEFMonkey and myself.

Hawkee  -  Oct 06, 2012

My plan is to modify the status update system to allow for posts pertaining to languages/frameworks for the purpose of asking questions and starting discussions. It will work like a forum, but it will be fully integrated into the site. Then I'll import the data from the old forum into this new system and remove the old forum software.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.